Mental health counseling is a crucial and needed service for many people. Therapy can seem like an expensive service at first glance; however it is often in line – or much less costly—than other medical services.
Clients of the Center for Intimacy, Connection and Change (CICC) find the benefits of therapy and changes that they experience make the process a worthwhile investment.
CICC offers in-person therapy at two convenient locations throughout Maryland:
WHAT DRIVES THERAPY COSTS?
There are several reasons why therapy costs what it does. These factors include:
- The demand for therapy outpaces the available providers.
- Many mental health counselors and therapists do not accept insurance.
- Therapists provide customized services.
- Therapists limit the amount of people they see to provide high-quality, specialized services.
WHAT DOES THERAPY COST IN MARYLAND?
The cost of therapy varies at the state and local level. In Maryland, therapy generally ranges from $100 – $200 per hour with some provider fees being even higher. The variation in price has a lot to do with the expertise and experience of your therapist.
The cost of therapy is also driven by your provider’s ability to help you address the specific challenges you are facing.
MARYLAND COUPLES AND SEX THERAPY COSTS
Couples and sex therapists undergo additional training to better help their clients.
Typically, sex therapy and couples counseling in Maryland ranges from $125 – $250 per session.
OUT-OF-NETWORK THERAPY COSTS
Many therapists do not participate in insurance networks. This is due to several factors including:
- A low rate of reimbursement.
- Insufficient office staff to manage claims.
- A limited ability to determine best treatment practices and duration.
A therapist who does not accept insurance is considered an out-of-network provider. Did you know? Therapy services are often eligible for out-of-network reimbursements. Many insurance plans provide these benefits allowing for up to 80% of fees to be covered.